Join our program to be an expert in vascular surgery
Education, CME & Research
JIVAS was the first vascular department to be approved by NBE (national Board of Examinations, New Delhi) from 18 month “Fellowship” program which was converted to 3 year DNB program in 2006, again a first in India. This is open to those who have already successfully completed General Surgical training (MS or DNB), through centralized selection:
- Three candidates are selected from across India and most our candidates have come northern India where there is real need for vascular surgeons
- At a given time we a 9 “Fellows” which truly enhances our care, as there is 24/7 coverage for patients
- 32 candidates (Fellowship NBE-2, Fellowship RGUHS-7, DNB/NBE-23) have successfully completed the program and we have 100% result
- They are providing the much-needed care as vascular specialists across India, some already heading the departments.
- They are provided with excellent training and education – perhaps one of the best in India.
- We have one of the most comprehensive libraries for the vascular trainees
Since awareness, recognition and treatment of vascular diseases is quite poor we are delighted to offer 2 to 4 weeks rotation for 2nd/3rd year PG students from all medical colleges across India. So far, over 100 such students have rotated through our department
Over the years numerous workshops have been conducted at various medical colleges and also at JIVAS for both medical and surgical PGs, including vascular anastomosis workshops. We will continue to provide these in future
Through surgical societies and branches of IMA across Karnataka and neighboring states. Also many of these CMEs are recognized for “credit hours” required by KMC
We have been part of over 20 national and international Phase 2 & 3 clinical trials. Since all the DNB candidates have submit a thesis topics are selected to represent clinical trials